Gougane Barra Hotel Restaurant - A Place to Indulge...
Awarded an AA rosette for culinary excellence annually since 2006, the Gougane Barra Hotel Restaurant has an incredible view overlooking Gougane Barra Lake and St Finbarr's oratory.
Enjoy the ever-changing light in the beautiful valley while you dine. The atmosphere is relaxed, the cooking is good and the wine list is fun. We pride ourselves on our easy and professional manner and attention to detail that will make your meal one to remember.
- Traditional Sunday lunch is served each week from 1pm-2.30pm - booking is advisable
- A daytime food menu is served in the hotel bar and sitting rooms throughout the week
- A selection of home-baked scones with local jam and cream is served in our sitting rooms - just turn up!
- If you are planning a special lunch-time event, get in touch; we are happy to chat and help you plan
- Dinner is served daily from 6pm - 8.30pm
- Last orders are at 8pm on Sunday night
- We serve a three-course menu which has extra a-la-carte options for each course choice; these change daily depending on what is available locally and in season
- We offer an interesting wine list with many different old and new world choices, all from small vineyards - advice is available to help you choose the perfect wine to complement your food
- In addition to our annual AA rosette since 2006, we are also recommended in the Mc Kennas' Guides and Georgina Campbell's Ireland Guide
- New for 2020, we now offer a sustainable, early set-menu dinner option from 6pm - 7pm every evening. To book or enquire, please email or call us on +353 (0)26 47069 and we will do our best to answer your questions and accommodate any special dietary needs.
- We would be pleased to help you plan a special dinner - whether simple or extravagant! Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your ideas and see how we may be able to help.