Awarded an AA rosette for culinary excellence annually since 2006, the Gougane Barra Hotel Restaurant has a great reputation for looking after their guests and has an incredible view overlooking Gougane Barra Lake and St Finbarr's oratory.
Enjoy the ever-changing light in the beautiful valley while you dine. The atmosphere is relaxed, the cooking is good and the wine list is created lovingly by Neil and Darcie. We pride ourselves on our relaxed yet professional manner, our attention to detail that will make your meal one to remember.
- We serve homemade soup and homebaked scones with jam and cream during the day
- On Sundays we serve full traditional lunch in the restaurant
- Dinner is served daily, 2 sittings, at 6pm and 8pm.
- We serve a three-course menu which has extra á-la-carte options for each course choice; these change daily depending on what is available locally and in season.
- We offer an interesting wine list with many different old and new world choices, all from small vineyards - Neil and Darcie had a lot of fun putting it together
- In addition to our annual AA rosette since 2006, we are also recommended in the Mc Kennas' Guide and Georgina Campbell's Ireland Guide.
- We would be pleased to help you plan a special dinner - whether simple or extravagant! Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your ideas and see how we may be able to help make it happen