We pride ourselves on the quality, friendliness and flexibility of our wedding service. Whether we can help you with any or all of the catering and accommodation needs for your special day, please contact us by phone or email to chat about your ideas for the day and see how we can help you realise them, or fill in the wedding enquiries page on this website and we will contact you.
In Ireland, it's possible to have either a church or a civil wedding ceremony. Please see the link here for more details. At Gougane Barra, that means you can choose to be married in the island chapel, the hotel or hotel garden or elsewhere - how about a humanist ceremony in the forest park?
For a chapel wedding, before you start planning, contact Colette O'Leary at +353 87 784 2534 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check the availability of St Finbarr's Oratory - the chapel is a popular place for weddings, especially in the spring and summer, and dates can get very booked up.
For a civil wedding, contact the registrar (Cork District, +353 21 427 0508, or here) to discuss your proposed location for the wedding and possible dates. Feel free to contact us first and we can advise on the options and the details you need in order to arrange things with the registrar.
We are more than happy to cater for and accommodate your wedding party even if your ceremony is to be held elsewhere.
Once you have taken the first steps, we are very happy to help you with any or all of the following here at the hotel:
- Creating a complete package, including all catering (for up to 55 guests) and accommodation (for up to 55 guests) at the hotel, for the night, weekend or the week
- Booking the hotel for the exclusive use of you and your party during the wedding celebrations
- Helping to arrange the ceremony for a house-style civil wedding at the hotel
- Putting you in touch with florists, cake makers, make-up artists, hairdressers, photographers, videographers and musicians who care
- Helping you to choose the people who will best suit your personal style
- Arranging small personal touches to make your day unique and special to you
- Offering advice on where to hold photo shoots on the day
- Linking you with transport providers, for example, from the airport or for day trips from Gougane Barra
Please see our Rates & Packages page for some of the more popular options we cater for.
Whether you want a simple
or a grand ceremony
we can help make your special day just what you want it to be.